Our story

The Lacour family: creation of the Lacour hotel-restaurant in 1941

Hotel Lacour has been a family hotel since 1941.
That year, Mrs. Francine Lacour (née Guérin) and her husband Roger decided to go into the hotel and restaurant business. And what an adventure at the time!

Céline and Lionel continue the adventure today

In 2015,, Céline and Lionel carry out repair work on the rooms and obtain a 3rd star at the hotel.
They continue to invest in 2017. by creating an elevator and a motorcycle shelter and by renovating the breakfast room for the comfort of their client.

Madame Lacour was not, however, destined for this vocation. She worked with her father in the family business as a truck driver for the transport of army goods. Francine was, at the time, the first lady truck driver in the Hautes-Alpes department!

The Lacour establishment was first a truck stop, then a tobacconist and press depot. In 1954, the couple built a dining room on the station side as well as real kitchens.
In 1957, the hotel was ravaged by floods which devastated everything. Muddy water invades the premises. Its level then reaches the bar counter, it will take two long years for the Lacour family to recover from such a disaster.


A new dining room
for the Lacour establishment in 1959

In 1959, Mr. and Mrs. Lacour transformed the garage into a dining room for travelers. In the same year, Mr. Lacour dies. Francine finds herself alone at the helm, with her two daughters: Marie-Thérèse, 17, and Nicole, 11.

Before his death, Mr. Lacour had had plans drawn up for the construction of an annex to the hotel.

Surrounded by her daughters, Francine started the work in 1961. The annex is called "Catinat" and contains 14 1-star rooms.

The kitchens and the restaurant room on the station side were extended in 1975 and the bar renovated the same year.

The Lacour family
and the hotel*** restaurant today

In 1991, the extension of the appendix was launched. This is the second phase of work with the creation of 16 2-star rooms on the garden side, a laundry room and a meeting room. In 1995, the rooms located above the restaurant were completely renovated. Showers and toilets are installed in all rooms. After years of hard work and a life dedicated to the well-being of her clients, Ms. Lacour passed away in 2004 at the age of 91.

In 1998, after completing his studies and gaining experience in establishments in the south of France, Lionel Eymar, Nicole's son, became chef in the restaurant of his mother and aunt. Lionel took over the family business in 2010 with his wife Céline.

In order to revitalize the establishment, Céline and Lionel renovated the bar, tobacconist and restaurant in 2012.